New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vegetarian Stuffed Crust Pizza 素食比萨





I was given a large oval aubergine/eggplant/brinjal on my trip to the Camerons the week before. My vegetarian colleague had earlier asked me whether I know how to make pizza, and, it had been ages since I last made pizza. So, I’ll make pizza with this aubergine.

Vegetarian Stuffed Crust Pizza Recipe (for two 12 inch pizzas)
Crust (for 2 12 inch pizzas)

Ingredients:
3 ¼ cups High Protein Flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 ½ tsp yeast
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Dissolve yeast in water. Mix flour with salt. Pour in yeast mixture and olive oil. Knead until dough is no longer sticky. Leave to proof until double. Punch down and shape into pizza.
**
Well, I kept the dough overnight in the fridge after punching down (no shaping) because I wanted the pizza for lunch instead, and I’ll be waking up late.

Toppings (for 2 12 inch pizzas)

500 gm mozzarella cheese (some grated, some cut into strips)
1 cup tomato pasta sauce
1 red onion, sliced
1 green capsicum, sliced
1 yellow capsicum , sliced
1 big red tomato, sliced
1 big aubergine, sliced and pan fried with a bit of olive oil.
½ cup button mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive oil
Salt
Pepper

Assembly.

1. Roll out dough, pulling the edges until it’s bigger than the pan.
2. Arrange mozzarella strips on the edges and wrap them up by folding in the edges. Place shaped dough into an oiled pan.



3. Spread 1 Tbsp olive oil onto dough surface evenly.


4. Spread 4 tbsp of pasta sauce onto dough.

5. Arrange toppings starting with the heaviest, aubergine, tomato, onions, capsicum and mushrooms.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper over pizza. Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for 15 minutes or until the crust is slightly golden
7. Take out from oven and sprinkle on grated mozzarella. Bake for another 12 minutes or until the crust is golden and cheese all melted and golden.


8.Cut pizza while it’s still hot and enjoy the stringy cheese dripping from the sides of the pizza.


****
I made 1 for lunch, and baked another the next morning to bring to work.

****
Crust recipe and tips for baking adapted from annamariavolpi

15 comments:

  1. Like the way you post your recipe. The photo step by step is easier to understand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cosmos!

    I'm only able to photograph step by step with the help of my husband. So, not all recipes have step by step pics. Plus, I only include them if the assembly is a bit complicated to explain by just words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks like Pizza Hut stuffed crust pizza, but is probably a thousand times better & healthier. I am going to make this for sure! First I need to buy the pan. Thanks Wendy! -Wendy Sebastian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy Seb,
    Let me know how it went, if you made this.
    You can use any large pan, just because this pan can fit my oven. You can do it like a free form pizza, it's alright.
    Just remember to bake it first w/o the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Wendy,
    Im a vegan.
    Is there any substitute of mozzarella cheese. As i think mozzarella cheese is not vege right?
    Thsnks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous,
    Sorry, but I do not know the substitutes that will be suitable for vegans. Cheese may not be vegan, but is considered vegetarian in the eyes of many as these do not involve taking a life away. Indian vegetarians comsume dairy, Hindu vegetarians too, same goes for Buddhist vegetarians. But I do know vegans do not.
    Hindu vegetarians consumes onions, leek and garlic, but not eggs, whereas Buddhist vegetarians comsumes unfertlised eggs but shuns onions, leek and garlic.
    So, what may be vegetarian in ones eyes, may not be the same for others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Wendy,
    I am Irene.
    May I hnow 3 1/4 of flour is equal to how many gram? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Irene,
    It should be almost 500gm, if one cup of bread flour is 150gm.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Wendy, is it me again. May I know 1 cup of water is equal to how many ml or gram? sorry to trouble you so much..

    Thank you

    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Irene,
    Water is always 1g/1ml.
    There are conversion tables online.
    You can google for them, I may not know all the conversions.
    Sometimes it's good to own a set of measuring cups too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear wendy...any substitute for the olive oil?...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi wendy, I tried mixing the dough with mixer however it did not form till dry. I tried by adding a bit flour it's the same. Whn I proof it, it's juz a flat dough unable to shape it. Any idea what went wrong? Tq tq

    ReplyDelete
  13. sylleong,
    Did you use measuring cups and fill to the rim?
    If by weight, the bread flour should be around 450-500gm.
    250ml water should be alright. Even 300ml water won't give you a flat dough.
    How long did you mix it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...