New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Pearl Balls ( 珍珠球 )







It's been years since I last made these... and I mean... 15 years at least..
The last time I made these were when I was 15... that long ago..so, u can guess how old I am now.. kekekeke..

I got this recipe from my mother's only cookbook.. haha.
The recipe is almost the same... but this time I added in prawn meat and discarded the ginger..

Pearl balls look like dimsum.. very nice for breakfast or as snacks.
This amount of ingredients yield about 50 balls

Ingredients:
500 gm minced pork (lean+fatty pork)
60 gm minced prawn meat
3 Tbsp finely chopped water chestnut
2 Tbsp finely chopped green onion
1 Tbsp corn starch
1 tsp sesame oil
1 egg white
3/4 tsp salt
good dash of white pepper

1 cup glutinous rice (soaked for at least 1 hour, better 3 hours, it'll expand to abt 1.5 cups)

Method:
1. Mix all the ingredients together except rice















2 comments:

  1. Yummy... Looks easy and yummy... Wanna try this during this coming weekend (If only I'm not lazy..

    What you think if I replaced the finely chopped carrot for the decoration with fish roe? Will it taste weird? :P

    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy....

    I saw another site using fish roe. I think a little bit should be ok.
    Actually, I tot of using salted egg yolk for deco, and using the salted egg white in the pork.. but I din try it out. It's up to u.. nothing is fixed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...