New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Guinness Chicken 黑啤鸡



I haven't been cooking often lately. Eating out mostly, cos I know when the burger bun is out from the oven... it's home cooking everyday.
BTW, my gynae calls the female genitalia that we see in ultrasound scans, hamburger effect. Two pcs of bun with a slit in the middle... Muahahaha! So, wonder if the male genitalia will be called hotdog effect. Duh!

Let me tell u, this is yummy!

I came across Guinness Stout Pork Ribs in Chinese restaurants in recent years.. And I want to replicate it. And I've got chicken wings in the freezer and hubby just opened a bottle of Guinness Stout... Yah! Gimme some stout!

Ingredients:
6 chicken wings (middle and drummets seperated)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup Guinness Stout or whatever stout
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 cup oil for frying

Method:
1. Marinate chicken wing with salt and worcestershire sauce for half hour at least.
2. Fry in oil until golden, but not dry.
3. Discard frying oil and retain 1 Tbsp oil in wok. Put in stout and cook to reduce a bit.
4. Put in sugar, soy sauce and chicken wings and further cook until gravy almost dries up.

*****
you can use pork ribs

*****
I'm going to try doing a non alcoholic version using malta.. wonder if it'll be good.

5 comments:

  1. wah... cantik ni.. chicken wing...

    but this chicken wing will drunk us one bo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voon,
    Nope... it won't make u drunk, cos when the stout is cooked and reduced, the alcohol get evaporated, safe even for ur girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wendy

    Its look good! I wanna to try this if free on this weekend. I am chicken wing lover..

    My family members like the steamed tofu with enoki a lot. Will cook again for them. Thks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous,
    Great to hear that your family loved the tofu with enoki.

    You can use malta for this, but you won't need the sugar, cos malta taste sweet enough when reduced. I've tried it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe..forgot to write my big name timm..Its from Soo LF. -:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...