New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Steamed Chinese Whitebait 蒸银鱼仔



Chinese Whitebait, or some call it Silver Anchovies, or baby anchovies, even blue eye anchovies..
Anyway, it's those teeny weeny white coloured dried mini anchovies.

My late father loves this simple dish. My late grandaunt taught me how to make this.

Very simple to make:

Ingredients
50gm mini anchovies (rinsed and drained)
1 tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp light soy sauce
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp finely chopped red chili
1 Tbsp finely chopped garlic

Mix everything together and steam for 10 minutes or just put plate on top of rice when water in rice cooker is reduced.




6 comments:

  1. hi hi!

    wanna ask hor, the anchovies.. are u using the dried ones or fresh ones?

    :P

    lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's dried ones found at the market.

    I've never seen fresh ngan yu chai in Malaysia. Fresh Kong yu chai got la, but that's very big, 3-5 inches long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed Homemaker,
    Hehehe, I can eat a whole plate of rice with only this. Old fashioned dishes sometimes taste the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried this with rice before. Will ask my mom to cook this for me next time I go home. BTW, she usu steam this plain and for garnishing and taste, she adds shallot, chilli and lime juice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 在英国哪里可以买到这种鱼干?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...