New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Apple Granola Muffins



Hi everybody!! I'm back from my Lunar New Year eating, binging and every thing gluttony related.

This post is almost 9 months back :)
I haven't been posting this one up because... I was posting others.

If u have been reading my blog for a while, u'd realise I don't bake much healthy stuff :) Those fibre rich, low sugar or whatever... cos really I don't eat much of those. But I love oatmeal (my way) and muesli bars.
This apple granola muffin is one of those rare things :) I forgot where I took the recipe, it's been ages.

Apple Granola Muffins recipe

(A)
160gm all purpose flour
1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
½ tsp cinnamon powder
110gm granola /muesli mix
80gm brown sugar
½ tsp salt
-Sift flour, soda bicarb and cinnamon powder. Then combine with the rest of ingredients A

(B)
2 large eggs
180ml milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
80gm melted butter (after melted, use 2 Tbsp of the melted butter for the topping, use the remaining butter for the batter)
-Combine everything together.

3 medium sized green apple (granny smith), abt 400gms
Peeled, cored, and diced 1cm cubes.

Topping (this is the thing that makes it so delicious)
2 Tbsp rolled oats
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp flour
¼ tsp cinnamon powder
2 Tbsp of melted butter (from above)
-Mix everything except butter. When the dry ingredients are well mixed, put in butter to form crumbs.

Final Assembly
Preheat oven at 170/180C.
Put (A) into a mixing bowl, make a well in the centre. Pour in ingredients (B) into the well and mix until just combined. Put in apples. Combine with the batter. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups and sprinkle topping on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

6 comments:

  1. Wendy, these muffins look so heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those muffins look very healthy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been quite a while I made muffins... it was one of the first things I baked when I started baking. I should really plan to make a batch soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie,
    Oh thanks!!!

    Skfong,
    Yeah, healthier than my usual bakes :)

    Shirley,
    U really should!!!! Can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I'm the only one with overdue entries, and I always wonder how bloggers managed to keep up with their posts. Looks like I'm not alone hahaha!

    Love your muffin cups, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blessed Homemaker,
    If I were to post stuff saved in my "bank" twice weekly , and not do anything new. My blog will still run for 3 months:) That's how much backpost I have. hahahahahha!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...