New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Honey Ginger Tea 蜜糖姜茶




I'm not feeling good tonight.

Every woman is different. Some feel the pain during, some before. Usually, I feel it, before, but not always. And it's only for a short while. Tonight it came by longer.
Before I was ever pregnant, the signs will come exactly 2 days before and after I've had children, it's no longer consistent, and having 2 kids so near has made me forgotten how these days feel like.

So, I made myself a cup of ginger tea, sweetened with honey to make it more palatable. I love ginger, so I don't find it difficult, even if I need to drink a lot of this.


2 inches of ginger, skin on and sliced thickly and smashed.
slightly more than 1 cup water
1 Tbsp honey

Put ginger and water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
Pour tea into a cup and put in honey to sweeten.

Good for days like this :)

Husbands or sons, if you see your wife or mother not feeling good, try to make her this to make her feel better.


16 comments:

  1. Oh Wendy I like this too ! It is very comforting to sip slowly and soon you'll forget about the cramp but anyway I don't have this problem but yet I drink it every now and then to disper wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AFTH,
    You and I have similar taste ah..:)
    I don't have cramps normally,it's like once in a blue moon thingy. Last time it's just a few seconds pain thingy, and 2 days later my aunty will visit. But this prolonged mild cramp is just not usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel much better after drinking the ginger tea. I like it with brown raw sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh one of those days har hahaaah take care then

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, this is good for lady to warm the womb. I made this tea once, but with brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think ginger is good to remove 'wind' too, am I right, wendy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take good care...time to put up your feet and drink a nice cup of ginger honey tea. ;) Thanks for sharing this even when you are not feeling too good. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manglish,
    No woh... not yet woh :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Inbox,
    Just like Angie said, with brown sugar.
    Will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tracie,
    Yeah, if you feel bloated, u can consume this too

    ReplyDelete
  11. HBS,
    Yeah... Feels nice to sip a hot cup of this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom used to make this for me whenever I had heartburn/gastric attack. I've not had this drink for a long time. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BH,
    Oh I've never heard of ppl drinking this for gastric cases. I rarely get gastric, unless I was hungry for too long. And that rarely happens :) hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just saw this :P
    I get acid reflux when I hv gastric attacks so ginger really helps ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blessed Homemaker,
    How can it be that you just saw this???
    Please check the comments above, you have left your mark here before :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...