New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cheesy Fried Bananas - MFF Sabah #7



Fried bananas are well loved and found everywhere here!

But in Tawau, the eateries there love to serve this version with cheese and brown sugar.
You can use any batter recipe that you like, any type of bananas that you like, but you must serve it with brown sugar and grated cheddar.




I used Pisang Abu to make this, and the name translates as Ash Banana. I have no idea the reason behind the naming, but it's one the popular bananas for frying.  It CAN'T be eaten raw. Actually I wanted to get pisang awak (You Banana), my favourite type of cooking bananas, but I cannot get it.

So, I made this as a Sunday snack, loved and enjoyed by my family.





Cheesy Fried Bananas
by WendyinKK

8-10pcs of frying bananas
Brown sugar for sprinkling
Grated cheddar for sprinkling

Batter
75gm rice flour
25gm plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
125ml-150ml water
small pinch of salt

1. Prepare batter. Sift both flours, baking powder  and baking soda together. Combine the sifted flour with water and salt,  go with 125ml first.
2. Heat up your frying oil.
3. Peel bananas, and half them.
4. Dip banana in batter and deep  fry.  (Taste the banana, if you think you prefer a thinner crust, then add more water)
5. Serve  with brown sugar and grated cheddar.






I am submitting this to Malaysian Food Fest Sabah Month hosted by Mary Of a Pepper's Love



12 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! By sprinkling grated cheese on it, the humble goreng pisang gets elevated to another level! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waa...looks like designer banana fritters :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont really like banana but I sure wanna eat this! looks really good and all those little curls of cheese... super temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Didn't know that goreng pisang got cheesy version! Must be very sedap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very delicious! Going to try out this recipe soon :) thank you for the support in MFF SABAH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I know will it stay crispy after afew hours?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chef,
    LOL, what if I eat this squatting by the hawker stall? haha, joking.



    Anonymous,
    sadly no. I dunno how they do it (I didn't put plastic, LOL)... I used this recipe with other things before, but it's not as crispy than when fried with bananas

    ReplyDelete
  9. nak cuba buat..prnh mkn kt srwk
    but they melt the cheese...maybe put in an oven for few second...n letak topping choc ganache..


    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, love your goreng pisang with chesse topping but not sure if can find this type of banana in singapore... great snack for the family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me enamoré de esta receta se ve muy tentador muy sabroso,abrazos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh... that is the Pisang Abu. I just knew the name. hehe~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...