New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Monday, July 29, 2013

Bunny Cake - Kiddy Cakes #1



I made this cake last year for my dear niece.
She has been changing her mind a few times, made me buy a few stuff.... and I'm glad she finally settled with a bunny cake, just a week before her day.

Here's how the decoration went on.. you can use any cake base you like. Since this is going to be a bunny cake, I made a carrot sponge (I forgot how I made it, just add some grated carrot to your favourite cake recipe). The frosting is Italian Meringue Buttercream, and you can use Swiss Meringue Buttercream if you like





1. Trim the cake.
2. Smother evenly with cream. Use toothpicks to mark the cake. Create borders with cotton strings and pat on desiccated coconut.
3. Rub some desiccated coconut with pink gel colour and fill up the space within the borders with the pink coconut. Remove the cotton strings.
4. Draw the final details with melted dark chocolate


The idea didn't come out of thin air, but I referred to a picture from the internet



My niece loved the cake a lot :)



16 comments:

  1. wendy, i love this cake too..
    thks for sharing..:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wendy,

    i'm gonna make this for my son birthday. he born in rabbit year. i guess this is a good theme to celebrate his.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute! Love the fact that its a carrot cake too! Lucky niece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice Wendy! Simple design too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiddy cakes #1...should be more cakes to come right? I can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful ! Even an adult like me, likes the cake so much ! haha....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, may I know what is the cake size you baked?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. soh,
    I baked a sheet cake in the tray that came with my oven, cut into half and stack it with cream.
    This design will work with a rectangular cake of any size

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your beautiful cake. Your niece is so lucky to have you. Happy Birthday to Wendy's niece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi wendy, this is such a cute cake! Do you mind sharing how to trim the cake into the bunny shape? Thanks!

    Yin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yin,
    I only marked the cake with a toothpick and cut with knife

    ReplyDelete
  12. Halo, I cannot find the recipe for this Italian Meringue .buttercream.

    ReplyDelete
  13. MH,
    It's not in the blog, that's why I put the link to a similar one, Swiss Meringue Buttercream. The ingredients are the same, the difference is only in the method.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...