New Youtube Channel

Now that my home's internet speed is upgraded, I can make more videos!
This is my new channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgW4rIH3Gg6Lc8v4G0QlqgA
Please subscribe!

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Honey Mustard Baked Chicken


It's an easy to prepare dish.

My 3 year old rosemary plant died after I got back to work, LOL. I barely had time to do gardening. And this dish was made before I said goodbye to it.





I tried out this dish because I wanted to use up my Dijon mustard. But it turned out so good, that I went to get another jar, just in case I wanted to make it again. FYI, Dijon mustard is not common near where I stay. I got it from Jaya Grocer few hundred kilometers away. I'm glad Jaya came to Ipoh this year. But I've only been there once as I don't like going to Ipoh Parade.

This chicken tasted oh so heavenly, and yet so easy to make. Just marinate and bake. The gravy tasted fabulous and I prepared Mashed Potatoes with Egg to go with it. I think some noodles or pasta will be great too.


Honey Mustard Baked Chicken

by WendyinKK
Reference: Simply Recipes

4 large chicken thighs (900gm, excess fat trimmed away)
2 heaped Tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 heaped Tbsp of honey
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked black pepper, or more
Few small sprigs of rosemary

1. Mix marinade together. Taste. It should be well balanced. Adjust the taste if needed. It should be well balanced.
2. Rub chicken thighs with marinade and let it sit for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 170(fan) /190c
4. Arrange chicken pieces without overlapping in a ovenproof baking dish.
5. Pour remaining marinade over.
6. Insert sprigs of rosemary between the thighs.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until skin turns golden to your liking.



8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Wendy. Is Dijon mustard the one from the squeezy bottle? or is it in the form of pepper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther Lee,
    Dijon Mustard is usually sold in jars, sauce form, like mayonnaise. The label will say it's Dijon Mustard. Different mustard taste different, so cannot interchange.
    I just updated the post with a picture of my empty mustard jar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    This is lovely. I'm going to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wendy, just wanted to know is rosemary important in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seek Wai,
    Yes it is, You can use dried rosemary if you can't get fresh. 1/2 tsp of coarse dried rosemary is sufficient

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy! Can I replace Dijon mustard with mustard powder?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chew Chai Hon,
    I'm not too sure if the outcome will be the same, as mustard powder seems to be a lot more spicier and the taste profile is a bit different.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog.
All comments are greatly appreciated.

If you have tried any of the recipes and blogged about it, please provide a link so that others may have a look at it too :)

FOR NON BLOGGERS:
Please select profile and click "Name/URL" if u do not have any profiles on any of those listed, type in the name (leave the URL empty)

It's not nice to call you ANONYMOUS, so please leave a name.
From 15/11/13 onwards, I will NOT reply comments with no name.

Only comments on posts older than 24 hours will be moderated :)
You won't see them appearing immediately if it's not a fresh post.






Printfriendly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...